JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION COORDINATOR REPORTING TO: Director of Customer Service. This is a non-exempt position with no supervisory responsibilities.
SUMMARY: Edit, enter, and process all orders to create accurate, complete, well-organized instructions for the factory, with related support materials. Provide customer service to sales representatives and support to in-house Tru Art sales staff. The person in this role must be able to prioritize work and determine if requested projects conform to company quotes and catalog offers.
JOB DESCRIPTION-Basic Functions and Tasks:
- Edit each order received, reviewing pricing and instructions from customer & sales.
- Route new customer orders and credit issues for exiting customers to credit department.
- Perform detailed order data entry by entering the order into the Logic/Pace system.
- Output, proofread and route Order Acknowledgements and job tickets.
- Coordinate with the prepress art department to modify, adjust, or create required art/logo layout and placement to the required specifications of the product.
- Receive proofs from prepress, route to sales representatives, and update status.
- Coordinate questions/information about each job between the office and factory.
- Coordinate delivery/distribution; organize information for drop shipping, mailings, etc.
- Manage and monitor the order to ensure it is delivered as expected.
- Manage changes to each order and possible customer alteration charges.
- Maintain files of order history; keep detailed notes as necessary.
- Assist with error resolution per defined policy.
- Appropriately communicate needed improvements to internal processes.
- Interface with sales & customer to provide a positive experience at each opportunity.
- Assist with production support for our calendar co-op programs.
Additional responsibilities and alternative roles may be added to the above description at the discretion of the company’s management.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, and ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Position requires sedentary work with the ability to sit for extended periods of time with walking and standing required on an occasional basis as well. Some stooping, reaching, walking, grasping, pulling, hearing, seeing, talking, standing and use of repetitive motion are also required on a regular basis. Must be able to solve practical problems, including a variety of variables with limited standardization and must be able to interpret instructions.
High School Diploma required. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
1-3 years’ experience working in a customer service role. Experience with data entry.
Proficient in MS Word; familiarity with MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Access. Training on company specific software, including Tru Art’s MIS/ERP system, will be provided.
Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands.
Ability to make independent decisions within assigned role.
Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines, sometimes urgent, required.
Demonstrated ability from past work experiences to handle conflict in a constructive manner.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills over telephone and email for customer contact. Will collaborate internally with cross-functional work departments and must have strong ability to communicate with a variety of personnel.
Printing industry or promotional product industry experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please inquire further to email@example.com.
Updated May 2018