JOB TITLE: PRESS OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: Prepress/Press Room Supervisor
Tru Art ® is an award-winning, full-service printing and binding company that uses state-of-the-art technology to provide commercial printing and advertising calendars to customers nationwide.
Performs manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance and operation of printing press.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment to meet and exceed production standards while maintaining customer quality requirements.
- Adhere to all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press.
- Ability to troubleshoot unit problems with minimum delay time.
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance.
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance.
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Communicate with Supervisors on any problems developing to help determine the best time to correct and prioritize
- Read entire job ticket; special instructions, ink colors, paper brand, basis weight, etc.
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per Tru Art specifications
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Work safely
- Maintains and reads Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs). Sees to proper handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
- Maintains inventory and supplies required for position.
- Other tasks as requested.
- 3+ Years Press experience, must have at least one year of manufacturing experience within the last three years
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly.
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours.
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions for machine set-up.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality and ability to stay in work area.
- Must be able to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Education, experience and skills: Vocational/technical degree and/or equivalent experience. Good knowledge of how to mix and produce correct color in printing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Economy Advertising Company bases all employment decisions solely on merit, qualifications, and demonstrated competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced by race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or any other aspect protected by law. We will take every measure to ensure the fulfillment of this policy.
Please inquire further to email@example.com.
Tru Art is an award winning, full service commercial printer specializing sheet-fed offset, digital color and silkscreen printing. Tru Art is located in the vibrant eastern Iowa and western Illinois region with nationwide product distribution.
At Tru Art our mission is achieved through creative people dedicated to a professional and valuable partnership with our customers.
We enjoy a collegial environment where employees are valued and respected for their contribution to the team.
If you are interested in being part of our growth plans, we invite you to apply today to join our team, and you’ll have the chance to make a difference every day in an energized and rewarding work environment.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to Human Resources
Tru Art Color Graphics
P.O. Box 2060
Iowa City, IA 52244